The aim of the Club is to promote and share knowledge on technical and economic tools which can be used for climate change mitigation and adaptation in the agricultural sector.
Project Description The Club offers its members :
- A thorough understanding of existing economic incentives (carbon markets, cap, other regulatory tools);
- A scientific monitoring of adaptation and mitigation tools, and assessment of potential climate change impacts;
- An update every 6 months about the evolution of mechanisms: prices, regulations, ...
Partners Agence Française de Développement, BASF Agro, Banque Populaire Caisse d’Epargne, Cargill, Centre d’Information des Viandes, CNIEL, Conseil régional de Bretagne, IDELE, InVivo, Maïsadour, Ministère de l’environnement (DGEC), Netafim, ONIDOL, SCARA, CGB, Veolia Eau.
Project Duration Depuis 2012
Deliverables Club Climate and Agriculture is structured around two one-day meetings every year. These meetings are based on three round tables:
- A round table on agricultural sciences
- A round table on economics/politics/sociology
- A round table presenting experience feedbacks