Wednesday 2 June 9:00 – 11:00
Created by the Ministry of Ecological Transition (MTE) with the collaboration of the Institute for Climate Economics (I4CE) and many partners, the Label Bas Carbone (Low Carbon Label) aims to contribute to the achievement of France’s climate objectives. The Label Bas Carbone provides an innovative and transparent framework for funding local projects to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It thus makes it possible to support the ecological transition at the territorial level, by rewarding behaviours that goes beyond usual practices.
Within this framework, funders can commit on a voluntary basis and they want to ensure the quality and environmental integrity of projects. The Low Carbon Label offers them these guarantees and thus makes it possible to direct financing towards projects that are virtuous for the climate and the environment.
Introduction 1: Objectives of the workshop (INRAE) – 5 minutes
Introduction 2: Context of European climate policies (I4CE) – 5 minutes
1. The French Label : Label Bas Carbone (Ministry of Ecological Transition – Julien Viau) – 15 minutes
2. Key messages and recommendations for carbon credit implementation (I4CE) – 15 minutes
3. Recommendations for estimating and certifying the change in soil organic carbon stock (INRAE – Gécica Yogo) – 15 minutes
First Q&A session – 20 minutes
Five minutes break – 5 minutes
4. The field crops method (Arvalis- Hélène Lagrange) – 10 minutes
5. The NIVA project and how to link NIVA with the models and tools recommended in the Label Bas Carbone (INRAE-CESBIO-Eric Ceschia) – 10 minutes
Second Q&A session – 15 minutes
Conclusion : INRAE and I4CE – 5 minutes
Discover also the second session of the webinar: Business models for the deployment of carbon storage approaches