I4CE provides expertise on international negotiations, carbon pricing and European climate policies.
I4CE – Institute for Climate Economics contributes to the 19th edition of the World Energy Markets Observatory, an annual publication by Capgemini that monitors the main indicators of energy markets in Europe, North America, Australia and South-east Asia and identifies the developments and transformations in these sectors.
I4CE provides a special expertise on climate challenges :
- The climate action ushered in by the Paris Agreement with the mobilization of governments and private decision makers.
- Progress on the implementation of carbon pricing policies
- An assessment of European climate policy and its perspectives for 2030
The key conclusions of the report are :
- Climate change threats are triggering energy transition in many countries and regions.
- Massive development in renewable energies has profoundly changed the energy landscape.
- In many regions, energy transition is chaotic, with energy oversupply and very low electricity and gas prices that are endangering utilities’ financial situation.
- The digital revolution is around the corner. This will drastically change consumption schemes, citizen habits, the workplace, and allows significant improvements for utilities.
Disclaimer : I4CE is responsible for the conclusions and recommendations produced only in its contribution.
Download the full report here