Date: November 8th
This event will examine (1) the challenges of the implementation of carbon pricing policies, with particular attention given to the experience of France, Europe and developing countries, and (2) the use of revenues generated to support the transition to a low-carbon and climate-resilient economy. Building on more than a decade of experiences in the most pioneering countries, the presentations will invite us to reflect on the challenges of implementing carbon pricing policies.
The event will be structured around a roundtable with stakeholders discussing both the issues of carbon pricing policies and the opportunities offered by the use of carbon revenues. The discussion will focus in particular on the experience of Francophone African countries.
Chairman: Benoît LEGUET, Managing Director I4CE
- Céline RAMSTEIN, Project Coordinator, World Bank/PMR « Carbon pricing: states and trends » (in French)
- Charlotte VAILLES, Project Manager, I4CE « L’expérience de l’UE: les défis du système de quotas pour l’industrie et l’énergie » (in French)
- Rachel BOTI-DOUAYOUA, Coordonnator of CDM projects, in charge of carbon pricing, Environnement and Sustainabile Development, Ivory Coast
- Javier TORRES, Climate Manager, Group EDF “Carbon pricing for the electric sector: which conditions for an effective decarbonation” (in French)
- Andrei MARCU, Directeur “European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition”, ICTSD.