Mapping financial flows dedicated to climate change action and the energy transition
The Landscape of climate finance maps financial flows in favor of climate and the broader energy transition in France. The analysis of the flows allows an assessment of which actors conduct these investments and how they finance different types of projects.
Analyze the distribution of climate investment in the areas of the energy transition
The 2016 landscape report is composed of an executive summary, an analysis and six sector-focused chapters:
- agriculture and forests,
- centralized energy production and networks,
- research and development.
The principal findings demonstrate that €32 bn of investment contributed to climate mitigation in France in 2014 and 2015. This represents 10% of the current annual investment in France. The results by sectors are
- €12,8bn in energy efficiency, principally in buildings
- €6,5bn in renewable energy
- €10,6bn in sustainable transport infrastructure
- To this, an additional €2,1bn was invested in nuclear power plants.
The full-text English version will be available in mid-August.