I4CE in charge of the Secretariat of the “Climate Action in Financial Institutions” Initiative
On the sidelines of COP21, public and private financial institutions around the globe adopted 5 Voluntary Principles for “mainstreaming” climate change. The Initiative now renamed Climate Action in Financial Institutions gathers as of June 2017 30 financial institutions. It represents for them an opportunity to learn from each other, to disseminate good practice and lessons learned and to collaborate on areas of common interest.
I4CE appointed Secretariat of the Initiative
Based on its expertise and publication on the different topic prioritized by the initiative, I4CE has been named as the Secretariat of the Climate Action in Financial Institutions Initiative in November 2016. As such, I4CE contributes to the work of the initiative on the following issues:
- Provides substantive inputs to the initiative’s work program and technical elements to define Work-stream roadmaps.
- Produces some of the deliverables of the initiative on an ad-hoc basis
- Assists the initiative’s coordination group in facilitating collaboration between members
- Supports the initiative’s communication efforts (Website management, newsletters, twitter, etc…)
4 Work Streams for 2017-2018
Following the adoption of a governance structure and a long-term vision for the initiative, the 30 Supporting Institutions have launched four areas of focus of work to be conducted in 2017-2018:
- Climate risks: approaches, tools and methodologies
- Mapping reporting initiatives and understanding implementation challenges
- City-level climate smart approaches and financial instruments
- Spreading a climate strategy into a whole organization
I4CE will provide in depth inputs to the different work streams.
The result of this collaboration and other reports and news related to the Work Streams will be shared between members and with non-member institutions in the new website of the initiative: www.mainstreamingclimate.org