Carbon Forest and Wood Club
29 July 2019
- Deepen understanding of climate-related issues at stake in the forest sector
- Analyse public policies and economic tools to fight climate change
- Contribute to open debate on the inclusion of climate issues in the forest sector.
- Build a network of diverse and complementary actors to encourage interaction
- Facilitate understanding and dialogue between academic research and practitioners
- Pool knowledge and experience.
- Participate in the development of tomorrow’s climate policy
- Promote collaborations and the implementation of multi-stakeholders projects.
- Facilitate the implementation of ecological transition
A KNOWLEDGE-SHARING PLATFORM
An expert network
- Founding members: I4CE, the ONF (Forest National Office), French Private Forest, the Forestry Society and the Training organism of the French Association of Financial Corporations (ASFFOR)
- Associated experts: the INRA (French National Institute for Agronomic Research), the Forestry economy laboratory, the GREThA laboratory (of Bordeaux IV University), AgroParisTech-ENGREF, IPSL
- High-level contributors
A COMPLEMENTARY AND DIVERSIFIED EXPERTISE
A variety of research topics related to climate issues and the forest-wood sector.
FROM RESEARCH TO ACTION
The Climate Club works contributed to create the Low Carbon Label, driven by the Ministry of Ecological Transition. Since it was launched, the Climate Club continues to be a key interface to support the development of projects and methodologies.
WHAT WE DO
1/ A NETWORK OF EXCHANGE AND EXPERTISE
- 2 days of in-person meetings
- 2 webinars
- Expert speakers ; presentations of innovative initiatives ; and experience sharing
2/ COMPRHENSIVE ANALYSIS
- Two synthetic reports of scientific, economic and policy watch
- In-depth analysis of issues related to climate and forest
3/ A WIDE DOCUMENTARY BASE
- Access to all publications (reports, analysis, presentations…)
4/ REGULAR FIELD VISITS
- Visit of carbon projects led by Club’s members
- Exchange of feedbacks and experience from local actors
How to join the Club ?
Annual fee: 5 000 €
• Malika Boumaza, Members follow-up
• Julia Grimault, Cyril Brûlez, Club’s coordinators