The Paris Agreement fixes a zero net emissions target by the end of the century, to which all economic sectors must contribute.
The agricultural sector has a strong mitigation potential. The goal of the Agriculture Climate Club is to enable the sector to get fully involved in the common effort. The main missions of the Club are:
- To analyse, understand and benefit from the existing economic and policy incentives in order to optimize the emissions reductions of the sector and enhance their resilience to climate change
- To anticipate climate regulation and contribute to the collaborative development of tomorrow’s climate policies for the agricultural sector
A KNOWLEDGE-SHARING PLATFORM
- Founding members: I4CE, the APCA (Permanent Assembly of Agriculture Chambers) and the INRA (French National Institute for Agronomic Research)
- Associated experts: the INRA, the IRD (Research Institute for Development), the CIRAD (International Cooperation Centre in Agronomic Research for Development) and the OECD
- High-level contributors
A COMPLEMENTARY AND DIVERSIFIED EXPERTISE
A variety of research topics related to climate issues and agriculture.
FROM RESEARCH TO ACTION
The Club works as a catalyser of operational projects: focus on the VOCAL project.
VOCAL is developing a methodological framework of national certification designed for agricultural and forestry activities. Its goal is to incentivize and value GHG emissions reduction and sequestration in these sectors.
WHAT WE DO
1/ TWO MEETINGS PER YEAR
- Experience sharing and presentations of innovative projects
2/ TWO SYNTHETIC REPORTS PER YEAR
- Follow up and analysis of scientific, economic and public policy news
- In-depth analysis of topics chosen by members of the Club
3/ A DIGITAL PLATFORM FOR THE MEMBERS
- Access to all publications
- Communication & sharing interface for the members
Meeting Programme 29 November 2017
List of topics previously discussed in the Club and subjects covered in the Reports
HOW TO JOIN THE CLUB?
Annual fee: 5 500 €
• Malika Boumaza, Members follow-up
• Claudine Foucherot, Cyril Brûlez, Club’s coordinators
> email@example.com, cyril.brulez@i4CE.org