Landscape of Climate Finance: Promoting debate on climate finance flows in Central Europe
This project is part of the European Climate Initiative (EUKI). EUKI is a project financing instrument by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU). The EUKI competition for project ideas is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. It is the overarching goal of the EUKI to foster climate cooperation within the European Union (EU) in order to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions.
The transition to a low-carbon economy requires an unprecedented redirection of financial flows towards sustainable investments. The project aims to promote a strategic vision of the investment and a finance challenge raised by climate action. Its activities will focus on Poland and will be supported by experiences from Germany and France.
The main objective is to support the exchange of experiences between policymakers, experts, business community and civil society to improve assessment and design of domestic climate finance investment environments as well as to raise the awareness regarding the financial tools available to achieve climate policy objectives and foster the transition towards the low-emission economy. Promotion of best practices in assessment of current investment levels and supporting an increase in sustainable financial flows will be linked with an exploration of the potential of forward-looking analysis and production of investment plans as a part of national climate strategies.
- October 2018 – first workshop for the Polish stakeholders in Warsaw
- February 2019 – policy paper on the role of tracking climate finance in low-emission transition
- March 2019 – methodological seminar in Berlin
- June 2019 – second workshop for the Polish stakeholders in Warsaw
- November 2019 – webinar on different funding models for the energy transition
- December 2019 – policy paper on the next steps for implementing the climate finance landscape approach in Poland
- December 2019 – webinar on the progress of climate investment in in the CEE countries
- June 2020 – Webinar: Climate finance tracking and the design of recovery packages: from global practice to the Polish context
- July 2020 – RES investments in Poland reach record high in 2019 – WiseEuropa report
- December 2020 : Mainstreaming Climate Finance Discussions – notes from webinars and recommendations
For more information on the EUKI: www.euki.de